It happens to all of us occasionally during the time we use a Windows computer: It completely freezes. Nothing we do revives the mouse cursor or the keyboard. You can try hitting the three keys simultaneously, ALT CTRL, DEL that sometimes opens the task manager. Then you can select the process which is not responding and kill it. This time we had to go further and force a power down. I was talking to a Fort Wayne Computer repair client last week over the phone where their windows 7 computer wouldn’t respond no matter what they tried with the mouse and keyboard. I had them hold the power button on their computer for at least five seconds and then the computer shut down. Now they could turn it back on and continue working. My client had no idea you could do this on computers to shut them down when nothing else works.
- Ask questions. Shane Grantham Consulting
- Why isn’t my smartphone Google contact notes showing on the computer?
- Now I know why I had problems installing programs in Windows 11
- I finally own a Microsoft Windows 11 laptop. Fort Wayne computer repair
- Do I train myself in Windows 11 or just focus on Windows 10, Linux and the Apple OS?