Not long ago I had an emergency service call to a business which had electrical power problems.  Their computer turned on,but the monitor wouldn’t.  It all started on a cold winter night when a space heater was on in their cold, one room office.  All the electrical outlets were on one circuit where a computer, large monitor, TV, fax machine and a good-sized color laser printer were connected. The circuit tripped and everything in the office shutdown. During the service call I asked questions and discovered the incident happened when a print job was sent to the color laser printer while the space heater was on. Laser printers consume a lot of electricity especially when they warm up and heat the fuser unit which melts the toner on the paper.  I suggested to my client to shut off the space heater when they go to print.  Their computer monitor was fine- they had just forgotten where its power switch was located.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This